Collection, use, disclosure or otherwise processing of personal data of our service users on behalf of government ministries or statutory boards will be in accordance with guidelines set out in the government’s data management policy. Special Olympics Singapore (SOSG) will comply with the relevant requirements under the government’s data management policy.
For any query, request or feedback relating to one’s Personal Data, please contact SOSG at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Act, please visit http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
How SOSG collections information?
To deliver and enhance the services offered by SO Singapore, certain personal information is collected. SOSG collects personal information from individuals when:
- The individual registers as a member
- The individual registers as a volunteer
- The individual registers to become an athlete
- The individual registers to become an affiliated partner
- The member enters a SO Singapore’s event or participation program
- The individual participates in a SO Singapore’s course or workshop
- The individual requests information from SOSG
- The individual provides information to the SOSG staff
- The individual participates in a SOSG survey
How SOSG educate staff to ensure the compliance?
To conduct a yearly exercise of E-learning program & Assessment in PDPC website for all staff, this may extent to committee members within the organization. To ensure staff familiar with the most updated knowledge and apply to it to the daily work.
SOSG privacy notice (Individual)
Personal Data in this Notice refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which Special Olympics Singapore may have access and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”) as amended from time to time.
- SOSG collects, uses and discloses one’s and/or an entity’s members’ (where available) Personal Data for the following purpose in connection with the services which one and/or an entity’s members have applied for (collectively “Sporting Purposes”) to the extent applicable
- Processing one’s and/or an entity’s members’ application for any of the services offered or distributed by SOSG (including but not limited to third party services such as Competition Entry Forms);
- Generating regulatory, management or other related reports and performance of analytics;
- Conducting checks with the Do Not Call Registry;
- Purposes which are reasonably related to any competitions/participation in Singapore, or in overseas, and one’s and/or an entity’s members’ membership with SO Singapore.
- The Personal Data held by SOSG shall be kept confidential. However, in order to carry out the purposes listed SOSG may share one’s and/or an entity’s members’ Personal Data with SOSG’s related Affiliates and Reporting Agencies (eg Sport Singapore (SportSG), Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC), Special Olympics Asia Pacific (SOAP)) whether in Singapore or elsewhere. When doing so, SOSG will require them to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure.
- The Personal Data may be transferred, stored and/or processed in a country or territory outside Singapore. SOSGwill however ensure that any party to whom SOSG transfer one’s and/or an entity’s members’ Personal Data outside Singapore provides to such Personal Data a standard of protection at least comparable to the protection under the Act.
- As SOSG relies on one’s and/or an entity’s members’ Personal Data to provide products and services to him/her and/or the entity’s members, he/she and/or the entity’s members shall ensure that at all times the information provided by him/her and/or the entity’s members to SOSG is correct, accurate and complete. He/She and/or the entity’s members shall update in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to SO Singapore.
- He/She and/or the entity’s members may withdraw his/her and/ or the entity’ members’ consent to SOSG continued use and disclosure of his/her and/or the entity’ members’ Personal Data or seek access to his/her and/or the entity’ members’ Personal Data (to a reasonable extent and as permitted by the Act) at any time by to SOSG at email@example.com. In withdrawing his/her and/ or the entity’ members’ consent, he/she and/or the entity’s members acknowledge however that SOSG may not be able to provide or continue providing certain services to him/her and/or the entity’s members or maintain his/her and/ or the entity’ members’ membership and that SOSG may cease such provision accordingly without any liability.
Third Parties and Data Intermediaries
- Servers: SOSG’s websites are hosted on third party servers. When you access our websites, data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed) may be collected by the servers hosting our websites. This data may be used to monitor the attractiveness of our Web sites and improve their performance or content.
- Cookies: When you view one of our websites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your computer or mobile device next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example to store your password to save you from having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Email: The specialolympics.org.sg email service is powered by Microsoft Office. Please note that the terms and conditions and the privacy practices of this service are governed by Microsoft.
- Paynow/2C2P: We use Paynow and 2C2P as our payment gateway partners. Please note that the use of such service is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy practice of Paynow and 2C2P.
- Other Websites: Our websites may contain links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of other websites carefully. We have no control over data that you submit to or receive from these third parties.
- No Other Disclosure: Other than for the uses mentioned above, SOSG does not otherwise divulge your Personal Data to any individual or organisation for any purpose.
- No Marketing: Phone Calls and SMS –
- SOSG does not make cold calls or marketing calls of any nature.
- Phone calls and SMSs may be made for the following purposes –
- To respond to any enquiry by or deal with any matter regarding programme, events or competitions.
- To coordinate attendance for any pre-arranged event, meeting or gathering of members.
- Retention of Personal Data: Your Personal Data is retained to the extent one or more of the purposes/situations it was collected remains valid and for other legal or business purpose for which retention may be necessary.
- Access to and Correction of Personal Data: You may request reasonable access to your personal data in the possession and control of SOSG subject to payment of a fee. Please ensure that personal data provided to us is correct.If it is inaccurate, please tell us so we can correct the inaccuracy.
- Variations to this Policy: Our privacy notice may be updated from time to time. The latest privacy notice will be posted at our website.
- For request to access your personal data or correct any inaccuracies, or for any clarification on this privacy notice, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.